Reply by Tutor Doctor Mar 09

Positive reviews are always welcome at Tutor Doctor. A great deal of hard work goes into our goal of helping students find academic excellence. We begin with a proprietary matching system to connect each new client with tutors who are best able, professionally and in terms of personality, to bring out the student’s best. We also employ special methods designed to improve study skills and organizational ability.

Tutor Doctor operates around the world, and we receive almost universally positive reviews on third-party sites like Yelp and Google+. We are very proud of each one of these positive reviews, but we do not take them for granted. Behind every glowing review is a great deal of hard work undertaken by a great many people at every level.

A key factor behind those reviews is the close relationship Tutor Doctor maintains with our educational consultants, a relationship that includes constant communication and coordination, not to mention training and other assistance. It’s a very close relationship that requires high standards and steady effort to maintain, and the results of this relationship can be found in the positive online reviews we receive.
Author's

We have been part of the Tutor Doctor Franchise for the last three years, we found franchise to be excellent investment with excellent support network. All tutors are CRB checked before they are send to the customers homes, the comments on some of the post are incorrect we've always found the management team to be very helpful when problem arise, when you are buying into a franchise the franchise has to be right for you, you need to do your home work.But as far as we're concern Tutor Doctor has been excellent franchise with no regrets.

Review about: Franchise.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Tutor Doctor?

Comments

To all who are slamming Tutor Doctor...we are in our 4th year of business and are doing well. Corporate has been helpful but please recognize that the model is sound but each individual owner is responsible for their own success. If you can't make it work it is because of you!

Mr T
London, London, United Kingdom #808515

I think Frank Milner wrote this himself.What a nasty piece of work he is.

And yeah - the Surrey franchise - She's in huge debt because their business model forces franchisees to take payment up front in a lump sum from their customers. Why?

Because they know that it's messy business where margins are so tight that tutors are paid poorly and leave.So, by taking payment up front Tutor Doctor can take their 10% royalty from the franchisee up front - then when it goes pear shaped (it usually does) and the tutor leaves resulting in the customer demanding a refund - the franchisee is forced to refund and has already made a 10% loss in royalty payments.

Tutor Doctor have about 4 franchisees (Surrey, Cambridge & Lancashire) who are on retainers and used to sell franchisesm this review is clearly from one of them and is pure lies.

If Tutor Doctor is such a fantastic business why have more franchises left their business in the last three years than those that have joined and only 2 have managed to sell their businesses?

The fact is more Tutor Doctor franchises have had to walk away from this so-called successful business model, compared to the handful that are just surviving.

Their so-called top franchisee in Surrey is running at huge financial debt.

Everything they tell you is complete fabrication and there are current law suits coming to surface that will fully expose this for what it is.

to Anonymous #804915

I couldn't agree more with your post anonymous. Had the same experience as a former franchise owner

Kent, England, United Kingdom #768084

Above review is a cover up by head office, how sad!

to Anonymous #772423

Yes another Tutor Doctor head office smoke screen.

comments